SBI Internet Banking accessible in www.onlinesbi.com, the Internet banking portal of the bank, enables its retail banking customers to operate their accounts from anywhere anytime, removing the restrictions imposed by geography and time. It’s a platform that enables the customers to carry out their banking activities from their desktop, aided by the power and convenience of the Internet.
2. Features of SBI Internet Banking
Using SBI Internet banking services, you can do the following normal banking transactions online:
- Funds transfer between their own accounts.
- Third party transfers to accounts maintained at any branch of SBI
- Inter Bank Transfers to accounts with other Banks
- Online standing instructions for periodical transfer for the above
- Credit PPF accounts across branches
- Request for Issue of Demand Draft
- Request for opening of new accounts
- Request for closure of Loan Accounts
- Request for Issue of Cheque Book
- Earn reward points for transactions through Internet Banking
3. How do i register SBI Internet Banking
Person having an account in SBI can register online for retail Internet banking facility. To register for Internet Banking facility
“Please note that if your branch has provided the Internet Banking Pre-printed Kit, you need not register online. An alert message in the Login page advises you to use the credentials in the pre-printed Kit (PPK) to login to Internet Banking.
Step 1: In the www.onlinesbi.com home page, Personal banking section, click the New User Registration link..
Step 2: Click OK in the Alert Message Box.”
Step 3: For new registration, select the New User Registration from the drop down menu.
Step 4: Click Next to continue with New User Registration
Step 5: You are displayed a user driven registration form as shown in this screen.
Step 6: Enter your account number as displayed in your passbook
Step 7: Enter the CIF number which is available in your Passbook/ account statement
Step 8: Enter the branch code as displayed in your passbook. If you do not know the branch code click the Get Branch Code link to retrieve the branch code based on the location and branch name.
Step 9: Select your country.
Step 10: Enter the mobile number registered in your branch
Step 11: Select the Internet banking facility you require: Full or Limited Transaction Rights / View Rights
Step 12: Enter the Captcha code and click Submit
Step 13: You are displayed a form to enter the OTP received in your mobile number.
Step 14: Enter the OTP and click Confirm
Step 15: You are displayed options to complete the registration.
3.1. If Customer have the ATM card
Step 1: If you have an ATM card, you can complete the registration and activate Internet banking services for your account.
Step 2: Select the ATM Card option and click Submit Note: If You do not have an ATM card, Internet banking services will be activated by the branch
Step 3: You are redirected to the Debit Card Validation page and requested to validate the ATM credentials.
Step 4: Enter the ATM card details and click proceed
Step 5: You are requested to generate a permanent username.
Step 6: Create a login password. Ensure that it is 8 characters long and is a combination of upper and lower case alphabets, and contains at least one number and one special character.
Step 7: Re-enter the password to confirm.
Step 8: Click Submit.
Step 9: Registration is successful.
Step 10: You are advised to login to Internet banking services with the permanent username and password.
Step 11: Set a profile password
Step 12: Re-enter the profile password to confirm.
Step 13: Select a hint question for your profile from a choice of common questions.
Step 14: Enter the answer for the hint question.
Step 15: Enter your date of birth, place and country of birth.
Step 16: Enter your mobile number as registered in branch records while opening the account
Step 17: Your profile password and personal details are saved and you are displayed a confirmation page.
Step 18: Click the Account Summary link the confirmation page
Step 19: You are displayed the list of accounts mapped to your username.
Step 20: When you register through an online Internet banking service, you will have view rights only to check the balance or generate the account statement.
Step 21: Your view rights can be converted into Transaction rights through the upgrade access level link under the Request & Enquiries tab.
When you registered through Branch banking service, you will have Transaction rights with immediate effect
3.2. If Customer does not have the ATM card (Activation by branch)
Step 1: If you do not have an ATM card, choose the relevant option (After providing your account number, CIF number, mobile number and services required).
Step 2: Click Submit.
Step 3: You are displayed a system generated username.
Step 4: Set the login password and click Submit.
Step 5: You are displayed a confirmation page.
Step 6: Your temporary username and pre-printed kit (PPK) number are also displayed in this page.
Step 7: The confirmation page displays a link to the registration form Download and print the form and submit the form at your branch to avail Internet Banking services.
Step 8: Click the link to view/download the registration form.
Step 9: You need to print and submit the form at your branch to avail Internet banking rights
4. How to login to SBI Net banking
Step 1: Visit the official website www.onlinesbi.com. you have seen the login page for both personal banking as well as corporate banking.
Step 2: If your account type is an individual person then click on the ‘Log In’ button on the personal banking section, and if your account is in the name of any organization then select corporate banking.
Step 3: Enter your username and password details on the screen and click ‘Login’ to access your account.
Step 4: After that you will be redirected to a page where you can access all information related to your account.
4. How to reset the password in SBI Net Banking?
- Visit the official website https://www.onlinesbi.com/.
- On the dashboard, click ‘Login’ under the ‘Personal Banking’ section.
- Click on the ‘Continue to Login’ button.
- In the login screen, click ‘Forgot Login Password’.
- After this a pop-up window will appear with a dropdown menu. Select the ‘Forgot My Login Password’ option and click ‘Next’.
- In this screen, you are required to provide details such as username, account number, date of birth, mobile number, country, and captcha code.
- Then click the ‘Submit’ button.
- An OTP will be sent to your registered mobile number. Enter this OTP on the screen and click ‘Submit’.
- After this you will be redirected to a page where you can reset the password.
5. How to transfer money through SBI Net banking
For transferring money through SBI Internet banking you need to add the beneficiary name. Beneficiary is the person whose account you want to send money to. You require the details, such as beneficiary name, account number, bank name, and IFSC. After this you take the process to transfer money.
- Log in to the www.onlinesbi.com
- Click on ‘Other Bank Transfer’ under the ‘Payments/Transfer’ tab.
- If you wish to transfer to an account within the same bank, click ‘Accounts of Others – Within SBI’.
- A screen will appear according to your selection, then choose the type of transaction you would like to make and click ‘Proceed’.
- After this you see the list. From the list, choose the account you wish to make the fund transfer from.
- Now, you are required to enter the amount you wish to transfer and remarks if any.
- Next, you are required to choose the beneficiary account to transfer the funds.
- After this you tick ‘Agree to the terms and conditions’ by selecting the checkbox and click ‘Submit’.
- After this a screen will display all the details you entered for review. Once you are sure that all the details are correct, click ‘Confirm’.
- Then you will receive a high-security password on the registered mobile number. Enter this password and click ‘Confirm’ to complete the authentication process.
- After this confirmation message will be displayed on the screen to mark the completion.
6. Others Value Added Features
Apart from above, the other salient value-added features available are:
- Utility bill payments
- Online Ticket Booking for travel by Road, Rail and Air
- SBILIFE, LIC and other insurance premia payments
- SBI and other Mutual funds Investments
- SBI and other Credit Card dues payments
- Tax Payment Income, Service, State Govt
- Customs Duty Payment
- Online Share Trading ([email protected])
- Online Application for IPO
- Fee Payment to select educational institutions including IITs and NITs
- Truly smart services to cover most of your banking transactions. All this and much more, from your desktop.
7. Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. How do I access OnlineSBI?
You need to have an account at a branch. You also need to register for the Internet banking service with the branch. Branch will provide you a Pre Printed Kit (PPK) containing username and password for first login. If you are not in a position to collect PPK in person, the bank will arrange to send a username through SMS and a mailer containing password to your registered address. Logon to www.onlinesbi.com using this username and password. At the first login, you will need to go through a simple initialization process. SBI Net banking assistant will guide you step by step through this process on the site.
Q2. How to check account balance in SBI net banking?
After login into your SBI net banking account, you can click on the ‘Account Summary’ option available under the ‘Quick Links’ in the main dashboard. You will see a list of all the accounts you hold with the bank. Click on the ‘Click here for balance’ option against the account to know the balance.
Q3. Is SBI net banking free of cost?
While some of SBI online transaction services are free, a few of them are chargeable. The levy depends on the amount that one transfers and also the type of transfer he/she makes on onlinesbi.com.